Sunday, March 11, 2012

97.1 SportsFest!! :)

On Saturday, February 18th I was invited to attend the '97.1 The Ticket SportsFest' held at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi! This event included all four Detroit professional teams: Red Wings, Pistons, Lions, and Tigers! This exciting event included interactive games, youth clinics, photo booths, merchandise, ticket sales and mascot appearances. Appearances were also made by some of the athletes from these teams as well while many interactive games captured the attention of all sports fans!
 The 97.1 crew! Very funny people!

          Small world! This lady was my mom's physical therapist and she recognized me from a photo my mom had showed her!
                                                We are sittin' pretty in the Tigers cubbies!
                           I love speed! Vroom Vroom! The IndyCar was hard to get in and out of!
                                          This was a first! I had never autographed a baseball before!!
                             His dad was teaching him how to have good manners! Gotta love that!
      Three wonderful hours of meeting the fans and signing my autograph cards!
I LOVED every minute of it!
                                                                            Paws!!
                                                        So great to be with these sweethearts!
                                                                    A lil Tiger fan! :)
Our own beautiful Miss Michigan 2012, Elizabeth Wertenberger, was a special guest and signed autograph cards for 3 hours while standing in heels! What a very long line of people to get a photo of and with her! She was great with the fans from young to old and brought smiles to everyone!
My job was to greet all in attendance and hand out my autograph card to those who wanted one! I was very humbled by the number of people that requested one and it was my pleasure to oblige!
I also had the thrill of sitting in a National Guard IndyCar race simulator, which took one gentleman to help me get in it, and two to help me out!! Try doing that in a mini skirt!! It was hilarious and so fun to see what the view is like from the drivers seat!! :)
Former Miss Micigan, Nicole Balszyzsk and the Tigers DTE Energy Squad helped in the Detroit Tigers baseball area and it was great to see them all in action!
Ashleigh Allen, Miss River Raisen, and Kelly Oles, Miss Oakland County came out to represent their titles as well! We had a great time!
The first 300 fans recieved a wristband for their $10 donation to the Student Heart Check Program and recieved a $5 Smashburger Smash Buck located in West Bloomfield!
It was an awesome event and I was very honored to be a part of it and meet hundreds of Detroit sports fans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment