Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fire & Ice 2012!!

Bitterly cold and no snow!




This family is now very interested in the MAO and they are going to try and attend the pageant!! Yay!

This young lady was shy, but still wanted to talk with me! So cute!



Fire and Ice was the third and final event of the day for me on Saturday, February 28th. This event is hosted by the city of Rochester and was originally scheduled for the end of January. The celebration of winter at Fire and Ice displays beautiful ice sculptures for everyone to enjoy, but the weather  this year did not cooperate and a warming trend cancelled all the fun and delayed it until the end of February!
Unfortunately, about half of the scheduled events were cancelled too due to lack of snow!

It was a bitterly cold day and after viewing the ice scuptures I headed over to the warming hut! I was greeted by the members of the Lions Club that hosted the hut and provided us with goodies and hot chocolate! I really enjoyed visitng with many families and spending time with the kids because I love children and they always make me smile! Many of them wanted an autograph photo card from me and I was very happy to sign it for them and take photos with them as well!

I hope that next year's Fire and Ice will go smoothly and that the weather/snow will cooperate so that all the events will be run and enjoyed by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment