Sunday, March 11, 2012

CMN National Pancake Day at IHOP!! :)

                                                                 This is the donation box!
                                               CMNH events are always a favorite of mine!
                                                             Greeting a little guest!
              One of the waitresses came to me and said this little boy HAD to "meet the princess" . . . me! I was tickled to go over and meet him! He was so sweet!


                                                              Such a happy little baby!
                                       
    This is Rusty and he remembered me from last year! Fun guy with a warm and funny personality!

                              These guys came straight from swim practice to eat pancakes for a cause!

          This wall (and behind me) was covered in CMNH balloons signed by guests that donated to CMNH for National Pancake Day!
                                    This is Jim and he is the manager of IHOP in Bloomfield Hills!
Tuesday, February 28th was National Pancake Day at IHOPS across America! It is always a wonderful day where proceeds go to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals which is in partnership with the Miss America Organization! For the second year in a row, I traveled to the Telegraph Rd location in Bloomfield Hills and volunteered from 5-7pm to serve pancakes and visit with the guests while educating them about the CMN Hospitals and the importance of raising money for this amazing organization that help children with serious medical issues. I was also able to share the story of my own personal platform Best Bones Forever! and why I am an advocate for CMNH and why I participate in the largest scholarship pageant available to young women - the Miss America Organization.
This year we were asked not to go into the kitchen for photos or touch/serve the guests their plates so instead I took the time to stop at each table and chat with all of the patrons and signed autograph cards and I also enjoyed photo ops with many of them! You might think this is funny, but I have only been to IHOP a few times and only for breakfast so I always thought they ONLY served pancakes! Imagine my surprise when I saw all different kinds of food were served as well! I am a dork! ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment