Thursday, January 19, 2012

Vegas Baby! Miss America Pageant 2012!! :)

Our incredible Miss Michigan director, Shelley Taylor!! Love you so much! <3

My former Miss Oakland County director, Francesca!!

So proud of our Elizabeth for placing second runner up for the Quality of Life Award!!

Visitation!

Our stunning Miss Michigan's Oustanding Teen, Marissa Cowans!

"Elizabeth squared"

Nathan Burton from the 'America's Got Talent' show after his Magic Comedy show!!


Our reigning Miss America's Outstanding Teen, Elizabeth!! I saw her being crowned back in August when I was working at Disney World! What a doll!!

Katie Stam!!!

Our very own Miss America 2008, former Miss Michigan and Oakland County, Kirsten Haglund!!

Erika Dunlap and Katie Harmon!

Nicole Johnson!!! She remembers me as the "swimsuit girl" from last year in the trade show when she helped me pick out my swimsuit for Miss Michigan!

The last redhead to ever be crowned Miss America in 1997!

                                                  Our very own Kay Lani Rafko Wilson!! :)
Bebe!!

Mr and Mrs Haglund! Kirsten's parents! Love them! 

One of the Miss America's sponsors, Wen!

                                            Miss Michigan's Outstanding Teen Marissa Cowans!

Dalia!! Love you!!


Sydney and me!!

                                  All the gang from Michigan that came out to support Elizabeth!
After final night with our amazing Miss Michigan Elizabeth!!
Wow where do I begin!?!? I had such a blast this year at Miss America!! It was a blessing to be able to go to Vegas for the second year in a row and see for myself what it's like for the girls while they are at Nationals!! I roomed with Francesca, who is my former local director, of the Miss Oakland County pageant!! Not only did we have fun with our pageant experience, we also had fun taking photos in a wax museum, seeing Nathan Burtons Magic Comedy show, and watching the AMAZING Phantom of the Opera performance (which I found out is closing down in September) and we can't forget all of the shopping!!
This years competition was strong!! The talents were very entertaining, the girls were in fabulous shape for their swimsuits, and the gowns sparkled like the sun!! It's kind of surreal watching the pageant live, especially since I've watched Miss America pageant since I was a little girl!
I also had a blast meeting the former Miss America's again this year and they were so sweet and encouraging!! It was incredible that most of them remembered me from last year!! They meet so many people throughout the year and it made me feel extra special that I was a face that they remembered!!
Interestingly enough though we will actually have 2 Miss America pageants in the same year!! It was recently announced during the pageant that Miss America will be moved to September of 2012!!! I don't know where it will be located yet as rumours abound so we will have to wait and see for final details!!
Our beautiful Miss Michigan, Elizabeth Wertenberger, did an outstanding job!! She looked GORGEOUS in every phase of competition and was very consisitent in each category! She really did make Michigan proud!!!! As the second runner up for the Quality of Life Award, Elizabeth recieved a $2000 prize for future tuition! What a tremendous honor for her! It was an amazing opportunity to be there and support her on her journey to Miss America and I couldn't be happier for her!! Now she will continue promoting her platform and making a difference in our state up until the Miss Michigan pageant in June!!! Love you Elizabeth and I hope you had a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment