Thursday, October 20, 2011

World & Michigan Osteoporosis Day!! :)



From: www.nof.org

Day of the Best Bones Forever campaign launch in 2009 in Las Vegas!

Today, October 20th, is World and Michigan Osteoporosis Day!! Last May 31st I had the honor of standing on the floor of the House of Representatives at the Michigan State Capital, in Lansing, to see a resolution passed to recognize the importance of osteoporosis awareness and prevention here in our beautiful state! I sent a proposal to Rep Vicky Barnett eight months earlier requesting her assistance to achieve this goal!! Together we did it!! What a day of victory for the people of Michigan and for me personally!

I am honored to be invited by the Genysis Credit Union to participate in the Halloween Hoopla event set for tomorrow night in Macomb Twp! Genysis sponsored this event and it is always well attended and alot of fun! I can't wait! I will be wearing my *skele- girl* costume and greeting over approximately 700 people at this event! This will be my largest event to date!! I will be distributing "Best Bones Forever!" information to them in leiu of candy! I love that my skekgirl outift works with the theme of Halloween! Wearing my crown and sash as well always brings questions about the pageant competition and I get to speak about and network for the Miss America Organization (MAO) and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH)!! What an awesome and yet humbling position I have been put in to serve the people of Michigan!! I love my job as Miss Lady of the Lakes and as a national spokesperson for Best Bones Forever!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment